Some of the experience will be online and some will be face-to-face along with many optional workshop opportunities that will be offered specifically to address what you need to learn.
The program is scheduled yearly from mid-May during UT’s mini-term and continues through mid-July, at which time participants will receive a certificate of completion. The program, which is designed to enhance instructor knowledge of pedagogy and technology in their courses, will largely allow participants to tailor the training in which they participate to benefit their needed skills, interest, and summer schedule.
Staff from OIT Instructional Support, the Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center, and Online Programs.
Program Learning Outcomes
- revise their syllabus to reflect student learning aligned with the new design format
- follow a pedagogically-driven approach to course design
- identify new course activities and/or materials appropriate to the selected method of delivery
- incorporate instructional technologies and tools that support pedagogical decisions
- complete the redesign of an existing course, which will launch during the 2015-16 Academic Year.
2015 Training Schedule
- May 11th -22nd Self-paced Online Training, 3-4 hours minimum time (may be more depending on your need) and completion of an online survey about your instructional needs. Instructions will be provided by May 1st.
- Two half-day sessions during the week of June 1st.
- Face-to-Face Training, June 3, 9:00am – noon. Topics to include: course design, student engagement, online testing and accessibility and universal design.
- Face-to-Face Group Work Session, June 4, 9:00am – noon. Work session on course sites, further summer work planning, feedback from facilitators.
- June and July, OIT Technology Workshops – workshops will be offered on a number of topics to include Online@UT (Blackboard Learn) everything from online testing to best practices for designing your course; ways you can create online lectures; and, synchronous online meeting tools.
- One Synchronous Online June 24, 10:00am – noon. Will provide an overview of synchronous teaching approaches and allow participants to provide a course update and ask questions within the group.
- One Face-to-Face July 23, 9:00am – noon. In this final session, participants will give a brief overview regarding the changes made to their courses and what they still plan on changing. Participants will also receive a certificate of completion.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Jennifer Gramling, Director of Online Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-974-0655.
The Summer Program for Flipped and Hybrid Teaching is co-sponsored by the Tenn TLC and OIT Instructional Services.